Saturday, September 10, 2016

Long time no show off

It has been a long time indeed.
This year started with a major change for me - I stepped into an entirely different field of work that has only a slight connection to what I did before.
It is exciting and challenging at the same time, and I have to learn a lot. I mean, a LOT.
So naturally my knitting had to be put aside for a while.
After several weeks have passed I finally was able to find time and to pick up my needles just a little here and there.
Then it was a real challenge to find the time (and weather!) to take some pictures. So here are only a few of them:
First one is a for dad - Antler Hat by tincanknits. I used leftovers of SweetGeorgia Yarns Trinity Worsted and it was a total match.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Auriga/antler-hat

Then it was finally my turn - Frozen Hat by me (first hat for myself lol).
I combined BBB filati Martine (merino) and BBB filati Soft Dream (mohair and silk) so the hat is soft like a kitten's belly. Also I had to play with the pattern a bit because originally it was designed for child size only. The updated version for both sizes will be released in the nearest future.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Auriga/frozen-hat-2


Another Candy Cables Hat for my eldest DD.
The last skein of Strawberry pink Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash has finally found its purpose. Lovely shade, very flattering.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Auriga/candy-cables-hat-3


And one more Frozen Hat for my little girl who is really into purple like her mother. Shocking, ha? :)
I used my all time favourite yarn for kids accessories - BBB filati Balmy Pluss. It is probably the only merino-acrylic yarn I know that doesn't disappoint.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Auriga/frozen-hat-3


I am proud to say that inspite of all that hectic period I have managed to finish several bigger projects, one of them is even being tested right now on Ravelry.

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice to hear from long-tome friend again! And even better when there are so many good news!

    ReplyDelete