Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Stowe to me!

It was a really (REALLY) long-term project and finally it's officially done.
Ta-da!
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Auriga/stowe

I have started this one over a year ago as my in-between project but I didn't expect it to be this long.
This piece took all of 16 skeins of BBB filati New Master and over a year to finish, and I am extremely happy with it.


Can't say this cardigan is the most comfortable thing to wear. It kept slipping off of my shoulders all the way to the shoot location. But oh so stylish and purple!!! :)

 
 
At first I followed the designer's instructions regarding the length but then I had left with just enough yarn to make 3/4 length sleeves. This didn't look good at all.
Thankfully I altered the pattern a little from the beginning by a few modifications (huge thank's to Olga for those). Both fronts were knitted top down using a provisional CO and then the back stitches were picked up from their edge. Then the sleeves were picked up after sewing fronts and back and knitted in round.
This way I could easily make a cardigan a little bit shorter to knit the sleeves full length.
Now I have only one challenge left - to try not to wear my new Stowe everyday.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment