Friday, November 15, 2013

Polka Dot

I believe that knitted tunics and vests are #1 necessity in a baby's wardrobe, that and hats of course. So here it is - Polca Dot Tunic:

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Auriga/polka-dot

It came out very warm (I've used wool/cotton blend by Spud & Chloe) and very soft - perfect for baby garment. Also the color is so beautiful.


The size is approx. 12 months but even a 6 months baby can wear it without getting lost inside :)

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Auriga/polka-dot

Also I love those shell buttons. They are so cute and slip easily through the button holes in spite of not being round.


All in all, I am very pleased with the result. If made a bit shorter (or maybe not) this garment can fit baby boys as well as baby girls. I made mine in a unisex color and the buttons are also not gender-specific.
And YES - I am well prepared to correct those who will try to compliment my baby by saying what a cute baby boy she is, lol :) It seems so hard to comprehend that a girl doesn't have to wear pink all the time! 

2 comments: