Thursday, September 19, 2013

Nala & Summer Days

Finally some modeled photos of those two little knits I have finished a long time ago.
Both shrugs (or in my case a shrug and a cropped cardigan) are designed by talented Elena Nodel (a.k.a Anadiomena on Ravelry).

   

The purple one is Nala.
First of all I made a mistake from the beginning by choosing this yarn. It's 100% acrylic and it was bought only because of the color (I am crazy about purple!) - TeDdy's Wool Classic.
It is a good yarn for beginners and not expensive at all. The range of colors is excellent but there is really no point to compare the touch of natural fibers and an acrylic yarn, especially when it comes to next-to-skin knitwear.
Probably that is why my daughter didn't want to wear it at first. After this photo shoot she changed her mind and agreed to wear it to school.


The second one is Summer Days.
I made a few modifications (wrote them down on the project page). So it is more like a cropped cardi instead of a shrug. I used Sublime Yarns Bamboo & Pearls DK.
The yarn color is even more beautiful than it was on my screen when I ordered it from Black Sheep Wools.  But it was not a good choice for this project. Too stretchy (way more stretchy than I expected) and it made the sleeves too heavy so they don't look puffy as they should.


Both designs are beautiful and both are very practical, especially in our climate. I think they deserve to be knitted again in more suitable yarn for each one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment