Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Small Epiphany

Recently I realized that over the years sometimes I actually have been knitting using my own ideas. Maybe it's time to revisit some of them and write them down.
So as a first try I have decided to re-knit this cardigan in smaller size so it would be my newborn baby girl's first knitwear for upcoming fall.
This was the original idea:

My elder daughter wore it to the kindergarten quite frequently.  It was very comfortable, didn't get in a way of all that jumping, running, climbing and what not.

This time I chose Cascade Yarns Ultra Pima in Primrose colorway:
It is very soft and has a silky shimmer - love it! I'm using this yarn for the first time and really hoping it won't disappoint me.
I am already halfway through: very close to finishing the body and moving on with the sleeves. Not sure yet but I'm thinking that it should have longer sleeves than the original one. Maybe even 3/4.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed this model for my daughter. Very good idea! The yarn is very beautiful!
    Greetings,
    Alfiya

    ReplyDelete